If this is your first time to Bradford, you’re in luck. There’s lots to see and do and here are our top five tips if you’ve got a few hours free at some point over the weekend.
- We live in Shipley, on the edge of the historic world heritage site of Saltaire. If you’ve never been do try and save time for a trip to Saltaire. You can visit Salts Mill, which has been converted into shops and eateries, and also holds a very large collection of David Hockney paintings. You can also enjoy some great vintage shopping, eat out at The Terrace, have a pint at Fanny’s ale house or have a cheeky cocktail at Tallulah’s wine bar!
- For those coming with children, or those with an interest in tramways (!), you might want to make time to visit the Shipley Glen Tramway, the oldest working cable tramway in Great Britain (cliff lifts excepted apparently).
- Bradford itself is home to the National Media Museum, which has a lovely art house cinema as well as an imax and fab café.
- If shopping’s your thing, 2015 saw the arrival of Broadway to Bradford: our very own Westfield shopping complex. Read more about its arrival, and what it replaces here .
- Finally, if you’re after a hair of the dog, or a pre-wedding pint, there’s a new drinking quarter on North Parade, which the city’s leaders hope will lead to regeneration-by-craft-beer. Our favourite is The Sparrow, where you can enjoy a delicious take away pizza delivered to your table.